George Washington (aka Levi) wants to remind the public of the importance of voting.
Five fun facts about Washington’s own election:
- Washington spent $0 dollars campaigning.
- Washington made no public appearances to support his election.
- Washington reportedly considered not accepting the Presidency if elected.
- Washington was the only President to receive every electoral vote not once, but twice.
- James Madison wrote Washington’s inaugural address. The first draft was 70 pages long. Thankfully, Madison shortened the final version.
Times have changed, but the importance of voting hasn’t! GO VOTE!